Finally wrapping up the new 3.1 update for ChronoCat, will be very happy to finally kick this one out the door. Changes include:
- Colors! – You will now be able to set a color your event countdowns and change the app’s navigation bar color.
- New Date Pickers – Brand new date pickers used for the add and edit event views.
- Bug fixes – Lots of bug fixes. What started out as a pretty simple feature add (colors) ended up triggering a rewrite of a large portion of the app.
There is still a little bit of work still to do before submitting but I’m hoping to have it in to Apple later this week.
No posts or ChronoCat updates for months? That’s super lame….
Well all that is about to change, ChronoCat 3.1 is on the way! The next ChronoCat update will include the option to set a color for your events instead of just the default blue that the app has now.
More info and screenshots coming very soon 😀
Alright! ChronoCat 3.0 is finally done and has been submitted to the App Store for review. Very happy to have this update out the door. Transitioning from an iPhone-only app to a universal one took a bit longer than I had hoped but it’s done now.
What was the hardest part of the changing to a universal app? So many damn screenshots to take now ><
Anyway, once approved ChronoCat will be free for one more week or so and then after that it will be .99¢ going forward. Thanks so much for everyone who has downloaded the app so far and especially those who have paid to remove the ads.
iOS 8 is out but there is no ChronoCat update, what’s up with that?
ChronoCat 3.0 is on the way! What new?
1. ChronoCat will become a paid app, no longer free with ads. What does this mean for existing users? You get the upgrade for free! Thanks for downloading the app 😀
2. Universal Device Support! No longer will ChronoCat be iPhone only, like an animal. Instead it will work natively on all iOS devices, like a non-animal.
If things keep going smoothly ChronoCat 3.0 should be out in late October or early November.
Alright! ChronoCat 2.5 has been submitted to the App Store for review. This update includes:
* A redesigned detail view to better show off your event’s picture. (Screenshot below)
* A new “auto” option for counting time by will automatically scale the unit of time up or down. (e.g. years until -> months until -> weeks until -> days until -> day of -> days since-> weeks since -> months since -> years since)
* Various formatting and bug fixes.
All right, ChronoCat 2.3 has finally been submitted for review. Here is the final list of all the new stuff it contains:
Add reminders to your events to let you know when they are approaching, the day of, or the anniversary of a past event
You can now include a location with your events
Now you can edit an event after creating it
The add event and view event screens have been given a new look and feel
*New Help Section!
There is now an FAQ section accessible via the settings menu with instructions on how to create events, delete events, and more
Holy feature creep! ChronoCat 2.3 keeps getting bigger and bigger. Along with all the new changes mentioned in my previous post I have also finally added event editing. Reminders, locations, event names, dates, or photos can now all be changed after creation.
This also means old events made pre-2.3 can be edited to include a location or reminder instead of having to delete and recreate them. Thank Kitty Pryde for sending my consciousness into the past and allowing me to prevent this dark future timeline from occurring. That future, one where events had to be deleted and remade to add a reminder or location instead of simply being edited, will now never happen.
Anyway, just a bit more testing and 2.3 will be submitted to the App Store for review. With any luck it will be out sometime later this week 😀
Huge update coming soon for ChronoCat, here is what is going to be included in version 2.3:
- Reminders! Now you can add a push notification reminder when you create a new event.
- Event Locations! Include a location with your events.
- New look for the add event and view event screens including new date pickers and parallax event images!
- Bug fixes!!!
Wow, so many exclamation points, I feel like Lewis Black telling jokes over here!