Habit List is a great looking don’t-break-the-chain style todo app for iPhone. I was hoping to make an app similar to this at some point but I’m very happy about being beaten to the punch on this one, they did a great job.
Had all kinds of graphical issues until I followed the instructions from a user named acidflow from a thread on the Diablo Battle.net forum. No more pulling my hair out installing yet another driver in an attempt to make it work, thanks acidflow.
CNET has an article saying Apple made changes to Siri’s response to the question “What’s the best smart phone ever”, that is wrong. I actually asked that question back when I first got my iPhone 4s in January and I can verify that “You’re kidding, right” and “The one your holding” we’re the original answers.
I wonder what would have caused Wolfram|Alpha’s results for a question to all of a sudden rank higher than one of Siri’s own answers to a question. For everyone who thinks Apple just changed this response I have one question: What do you Siri said before the Lumina was released?
One of the issues I have run into trying to solve some of the Project Euler questions is that some of the numbers are too big for any of the Objective-C primitives. Some Googling shows that GMP is the answer to my problems but being a pretty novice programmer I have had issues making it work, that is until I found GMPInt, an Objective-C wrapper for GMP.
Setup went pretty smooth following the instructions on the GMPInt Github page but there were a few issues. Here is the steps it took for me to get it to work:
- Install Homebrew
- Run the command “brew install gmp” in Terminal, having sudo infront of that command gave me an error about being cowardly, but dropping sudo made it run fine
- Add the libgmp.dylib file to your project under Target > Build Phases >Link Binary with Libraries
- From there I had to correct the line ‘#import “/usr/local/Cellar/gmp/5.0.1/include/gmp.h”‘ to 5.0.5 as that was the version of GMP I had installed
- I also had to go through the GMPInt.m file and comment out any autorelease/release references as I selected ARC for the test project I made
From there I setup a simple test and ran the app, worked perfectly, now I can attempt some of the Project Euler problems I couldn’t before.